Dental Assistant Classes
Dental Assisting School Serving Indiana & Kentucky
By attending one of the top dental assisting schools in Indiana, you can start your new career in as little as seven months.
Dental Assistants are highly skilled medical professionals and are an important part of every successful dental practice. A Dental Assistant’s job covers a wide variety of responsibilities and is the perfect mix of working with patients and administrative tasks.
Front office job duties may include:
• Scheduling patient appointments
• Assisting with dental x-rays and lab work
• Keeping patient records
• Preparing the dental exam room
• Assisting with billing and invoicing
Patient care duties may include:
• Applying local dental anesthetic
• Assisting the dentist during procedures
• Cleaning teeth
• Applying dental sealant and fluoride
• Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment
Our dental assistant training provides you with the clinical and administrative skills to perform a wide range of functions in any dental or specialty care office. Our training program includes 8 different courses and a 300 hour externship in an actual dental office.
Dental Assistant Program Overview:
• Seven month accelerated program
• 300 hour hands-on externship in real world dental practice
• Flexible day or evening schedules
Dental Assisting Course Outline:
We believe students learn best when they can apply knowledge to real world examples.
The morning instructional lecture is followed by an afternoon of clinical, “hands on” training in the operation of all the equipment, instrumentation, and materials used in our state-of-the-art dental office.
• DA201 – Dental Clinical Procedures
• DA205 – Dental Basic Sciences
• DA202 – Dental Radiography and Lab
• DA206 – Dental Communications and Scheduling
• DA203 – Dental Specialties
• DA207 – Dental Insurance, Billing, and Coding
• DA204 – Expanded Duty Dental Assisting
• DA208 – Recall Systems and Treatment Planning
• DA209 – (300 Hr) Dental Externship