Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
Our Diagnostic Medical Sonography School in Indiana, offers programs that will jump start you into a new and exciting career as an Ultrasound Technician.
Earn Your Associate Degree in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers are vital members of many healthcare teams. Our program teaches the students general sonography focusing on training and clinical rotations in small parts and specialized sonography, OB/GYN sonography, and abdominal sonography. Not only are the sonography students learning to use the latest imaging equipment that will assist in a diagnosis but they are taught other key components of healthcare such as patient care techniques, medical terminology, medical and legal ethics, interpersonal communication and professional development.
The on-campus clinical lab provides students with the ability to learn and practice using a hands-on method which allows students to enter clinical rotations with experience that can then be refined. A Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, often referred to as an Ultrasound Technician, will enter their field with the knowledge and experience to provide the following:
• Perform diagnostic procedures and obtain diagnostic images
• Assist physician in evaluating symptoms such as pain, swelling, and infection
• Identify, examine and assess internal organs such as the liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, bladder, uterus, ovaries, thyroid and parathyroid glands, a fetus in pregnant patients and much more!
• Guide imaging procedures such as needle biopsies, and biopsy of breast cancer
• Interpret and analyze imaging scans
• Provide an oral or written summary of the data to the physician for medical diagnosis
• Collaborate with physicians and other members of the healthcare team
• Obtain and record an accurate patient history
• Assist in scheduling, record keeping, and digital image archiving
DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHERS ARE IN HIGH DEMAND
Facilities like the ones below are seeking professionally trained Ultrasound Technicians to fill that demand:
• Emergency Rooms
• Private Practices
• Public Practices
As a graduate of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, the advancement potentials are limitless. Sonographers can work their way into management or lead technician positions at hospitals or in a private practice, or they can practice outside of patient care by becoming an instructor in Ultrasound education, or working directly for equipment manufacturers in sales, training, and application.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Overview:
• Graduates will earn their Associate Degree in Applied Science
• 24 month accelerated program in a fully functioning clinic
• Training provided by experienced instructors who have worked in the field
• 1320-hour hands-on externship in an off-site medical facility
• Job Placement Assistance and lifetime career services
• Day and Evening classes available
Upon graduation, you will earn your Associate Degree in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography at our Ultrasound Technician School in Jeffersonville, IN. This program, servicing Indiana and Kentucky residents is governed by the highest industry standards, and instructors stay informed of any and all changes to those standards.
Caris College is Institutionally Accredited by ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools)
Request More Information
Contact us to learn more about Sonography in Jeffersonville, IN.