Patient Care Technician Programs
Our Patient Care Technician Training in Indiana offers National Certifications in Phlebotomy, EKG and Patient Care
Patient Care Technicians are passionate about helping people feel better. They are the eyes and ears of nurses in the hospital and are responsible, in many cases, for the direct care of ill patients. Many times this career path is mistaken for other career choices in the medical field such as: Medical Assisting, Certified Nursing Assistant, etc. In fact, Patient Care Technicians perform several responsibilities that only CERTIFIED and trained technicians can do such as:
• Drawing blood for tests, transfusions, research or blood donations
• Administer EKG’s on patients to help identify cardiac events and heart attacks
• Collection of specimen such as Strep Throat and the Flu
• Foley Catheterization insertion, care and removal
• Communicates risk management issues with charge nurse, supervisor, nurse manager and completes incident report
• Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPPA standards and guidelines
• Coordinates and communicates patients admissions, internal transfers and discharges
• Performs clerical responsibilities including: filing of diagnostic reports, physician dictation, interventional reports and disassemble patient chart at discharge
• Plus so much more!
The certifications our students are able to earn throughout our Patient Care Technician program make them competitive in the job market and allow for growth and upward mobility in the healthcare field. We offer one of the top Patient Care Technician Programs in Indiana and Kentucky. You can start your new career as a Patient Care Technician with national certifications in Phlebotomy, EKG and Patient Care in as little as 10 months.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIANS ARE IN HIGH DEMAND
Facilities such as the ones below are seeking professionally trained Patient Care Technicians to fill this demand.
• Hospitals and Emergency Rooms
• Mobile Blood Drive (American Red Cross)
• Dialysis Centers
• Healthcare Clinics
• Urgent Care Centers
• Rehabilitation Centers
Patient Care Technician Program Overview:
• Ten month accelerated program in a fully functioning clinic
• Training provided by experienced instructors who have worked in the field
• 180 hour hands-on externship in an off-site medical facility
• Job Placement Assistance and lifetime career services
• Flexible schedules with day and evening classes
Upon graduation, you can be certified as a Patient Care Technician, a Phlebotomy Technician, and an EKG Technician; all of which can make graduates from Caris College highly marketable. These certifications are granted through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), a nationally recognized credentialing agency (accredited by NCCA). Caris College Graduates will also receive their CPR certification through the American Heart Association. Our Comprehensive Patient Care Technician program servicing Indiana and Kentucky residents is governed by the highest industry standards, and instructors stay informed of any and all changes to those standards.
Caris College is Institutionally Accredited by ABHES (Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools)
Contact us to learn more about Patient Care Tech Training in Jeffersonville, IN.