Are you looking for an in-demand profession that offers variety? Start on your new career path at Caris College’s dental assistant training in Indiana. A career in dental assisting allows compassionate medical professionals to work in many different settings. Dental assistants have many tasks, ranging from providing patient care and taking x rays to record-keeping and scheduling appointments, but these day to day tasks really depend on what type of office the assistant works in. Common career choices include:
- Clinical Dental Assistant: assists the dentist in all areas of dentistry
- Hygiene Assistant: helps prepare patients for their cleaning
- Expanded Duties Dental Assistant (EDDA): places fillings and make temporary crowns
- Orthodontic Assistant: performs duties on patients with braces
- Endodontic Assistant: assists with root canals
- Oral Surgery Assistant: assists with surgery of the head and neck
- Pediatric Assistant: children’s dentistry
- Periodontics Assistant: treatment of gum disease
- Business Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Laboratory Assistant
- Dental Consultant
- Dental Insurance Claims Examiner
- Dental Supply Representative
With so many concentrations, careers in dental assisting are always in demand and have seen even more growth in recent years.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the employment of dental assistants is expected to grow 11% from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations according to BLS. During the BLS’ most recent report (2018), the median dental assistant salary was $38,660 per year.
At Caris, we can help you get started in your new career in as little as ten months. Our Dental Assistant training program includes 8 different courses and a 300-hour externship in an actual dental office. Our training provides you with both the clinical and administrative skills that will allow you to perform a wide range of functions in any dental or specialty care office. Call today to learn more about Caris College’s Comprehensive Dental Assistant Program in Southern Indiana.