With the healthcare industry growing at a rapid pace, the demand for licensed practical nurses in growing right along with it. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an increase of nearly 69,000 new jobs for licensed practical nurses by 2030.* To meet the demand for these healthcare heroes, Caris College is pleased to introduce the launch of a new comprehensive Practical Nurse diploma program at its’ Indiana campus. The 12-month program, prepares students to take their licensure exam, and will begin training the next generation of healthcare heroes in the fall of 2022.
Designed to help students acquire the hands-on practical skills and knowledge required to launch entry-level nursing careers, the program is focused on teaching students the essential aspects of relationship-centered patient care and features a collaborative approach and hands-on instruction across multiple nursing disciplines including medical-surgical nursing, maternal, pediatric, and geriatric nursing, as well as mental health nursing.
What do Practical Nurses do?
They say behind every doctor is a great registered nurse (RN). But behind every RN, you’ll usually find a great practical nurse providing essential support. Practical Nurses work under the supervision of doctors and RNs, are a critical part of the healthcare team, and provide compassionate patient care. They perform typical nursing duties including:
- Assisting doctors and registered nurses with tests or procedures
- Taking vital signs
- Collecting samples for lab tests
- Recording and maintaining patient histories
- Administering medication or injections
- Observing and documenting patient’s health
- Consulting with registered nurses on patient care plans
- Communicating with patients and families on care and educating them on important health initiatives
Why Choose Caris College for Your Practical Nursing Education?
The Practical Nursing program at Caris College includes both classroom instruction and clinical application in our on-campus clinical lab. Through hands-on training by experienced instructors, students have the support of our entire faculty and staff. We are invested in each and every student’s success and committed to being there from the day you step on campus to the day you graduate and as part of future aspirations. Our Practical Nursing program was designed in consultation from experienced healthcare professionals with real-world experience to ensure our students get the well-rounded education they need to launch entry-level practical nursing careers in the healthcare industry. Some key program features include:
- Graduates earn a Practical Nursing Diploma, CPR Certification, and are eligible to sit for their licensure exam through the National Council for State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-PN)
- Accelerated 12-month program in a fully functioning clinical lab
- Hands-on training from experienced instructors with real-world experience
- 506-hour clinical in in multiple healthcare settings ranging from home healthcare to acute impatient facilities
- Lifetime career services and job placement assistance
- Institutionally Accredited by BPE, ISBN, and ABHES
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
One of the best things about a practical nursing education, is you can take it just about anywhere. With will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding career that allows you to give help and provide compassionate care to others. If you’d like to learn more about the Practical Nursing Program at Caris College, contact us today and one of our admissions representatives will contact you.