It’s no secret the healthcare industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation. The industry is expected to add around 2 million new jobs over the next decade, so it’s easy to see why someone would choose to pursue a career in healthcare. There are also many different career paths within healthcare to explore giving you options to help others.
Once you’ve decided on what career path is right for you, you’ll have a few more things to consider. Starting with, where to get the training you’ll need, and what to look for in a healthcare education program. In such a rapidly growing industry, it’s not surprising that there are a lot of schools to choose from. To get the most out of your healthcare education, having access to an on-campus clinical lab for your training can be the key to a more comprehensive learning experience, and ultimately, more opportunities. Why? Because there are multiple tangible benefits to getting your training at a school with an on-campus clinical lab.
- Direct exposure working on real lab equipment – whether you’re training in the field of sonography, medical assisting, practical nursing, dental or veterinary assisting, being able to work with the actual tools of the trade will be invaluable.
- Hands-on clinical training – there is nothing better to prepare you for your future in patient care than hands-on instruction in a clinical setting by experienced instructors who have worked in the healthcare industry.
- Interactive learning – learning in an interactive environment is a great way to retain information and better understanding of the common practices of the profession you’ll be training in.
- Real world setting – most on-campus clinical labs are designed to mirror a real professional patient care setting. Real world instruction that prepares you for the realities of your future career.
- Builds confidence – hands-on learning on professional lab equipment in an interactive environment can be a huge confidence booster, preparing you for what you will experience in your career of choice.
Making the decision to pursue a future in the healthcare profession is a great first step towards the future you’ve always dreamed about. If you’re ready to take the next step, check out the programs at Caris College. With multiple patient care programs to choose from and a fully functioning on-campus clinical labs, Caris is training the next generation of healthcare heroes. Contact us today to learn more or schedule a tour to get a first-hand look at the benefits of Caris College and our on-campus clinical lab.